FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Windigo Announces Canada-wide Spring 2017 Tour
Calgary, Canada - 08/03/2017 - Canadian indie rock band Windigo is excited to announce its Spring 2017 Tour, with stops in sixteen cities Canada-wide. From the West Coast, the tour begins in Vancouver on March 23, 2017, and heads east with performances at Canadian Music Week 2017 before concluding in Montreal on April 21th, 2017.
“We can’t wait to get out on the road. We believe we're on the verge of something great, the new lineup is tight, and we're thrilled to introduce Canadians a completely reimagined Windigo.” -Anthony Kameka, Lead Vocalist
With nearly two years since their last Canadian tour, the new lineup brings a new energy to the Windigo sound loved by so many. The original style of Anthony Kameka and his mellow yet powerful vocals paired with the exquisite percussive rhythms of Mitch Cooper are now accompanied by the infectious artistry of Del Coburn and Tory Rosso, on bass and guitar respectively.
After a year in quiet, yet fervent collaboration, these unstoppable young musicians are ready to share their intoxicating creative chemistry with an ever-growing, forever loyal following across Canada and around the world.
While the third Canadian tour for Windigo, it is the first for this new lineup as they headline their new EP, which boasts brand new tracks All Your Thunder, Run and a unique cover of Don’t Let Me Down (original: Beatles). Accompanied by New Jersey band Dentist, this tour will leave countless happy, dancing fans in its wake. Tour dates and locations are as follows:
- March 23 - Vancouver - The Cobalt
- March 24 - Kamloops - The Dirty Jersey
- March 25 - Kelowna - Habitat
- March 29 - Lethbridge - The Slice
- March 31 - Calgary - The Gateway
- April 1 - TBA
- April 6 - Red Deer - Bo's
- April 7 - Medicine Hat - Captain's Cabin Pub
- April 8 - Saskatoon - Capitol Music Club
- April 12 - TBA
- April 13 - Regina - Artful Dodger
- April 14 - Winnipeg - Pyramid Cabaret
- April 15 - Thunder Bay - The Foundry
- April 17 - Sault Ste Marie - Gore Street Cafe
- April 18-20 - Toronto - CMW 2017
- April 21 - Montreal - Le Cagibi
Windigo is the relentlessly-lovable brainchild of Anthony Kameka (guitar & vocals), Del Coburn (bass), Tory Rosso (guitar) and Mitch Cooper (drums). Together, they bring energetic creativity and unforgettable music to their sizeable and loyal following. With six prior releases, >200 live performances, and a passionate new lineup in the studio, the possibilities are endless.
Windigo Music Inc.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada